Sunday, April 18, 2010

Robert Gronkowski Inteview (Arizona) Tight End


Robert Gronkowski was a three-year starting tight end for the University of Arizona Wildcats before injuring his back during his senior year. Regardless, he is touted as one of the best tight end prospects in the game and is projected to be a first round pick in this year's NFL Draft.

What has been your favorite experience thus far in your football career?

My favorite experience so far in my football career was leading the Arizona Wildcats to their 1st bowl game in 10 years and winning it at the Las Vegas Bowl in 2008.

nfldraftcountdown.com and nfldraftscout.com both have you ranked as the 2nd best TE in the draft trailing only superstar Jermaine Gresham. How do you deal with the pressure/expectations that come with being such a highly touted prospect?

To deal with the pressure you just have to do what you do. I keep on working hard everyday and keep on practicing everyday. And by doing that, everything will fall in place and the pressure will ease off.

You put up very impressive stats at Arizona and drew many people's attention before missing the '09 season due to injury. How has this obstacle put things into perspective for you and how have you recovered?

The obstacle has made me appreciate the game of football much more. I have been rehabbing hard and my back in now 100% feeling great. I have recovered 100% and I'm ready to go into rookie camp and play some football.

What do you think is your biggest strength on the field, and what is an area of your game you'd still like to improve?

I feel like the biggest strength I have is my hands. Overall, the area of my game I would like to improve is just being a better overall tight end, so I will keep working at everything.

If football wasn't a part of your life, what career would you most likely pursue?

I would most likely pursue a career in the field of business.

If you could have dinner with anyone, who would it be and why?

Jennie Finch, she is from Arizona and is a superstar softball pitcher.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Custom Search