Sunday, April 18, 2010

Armanti Edwards Interview (Appalachian State) Quarterback


Armanti Edwards was a four-year starting quarterback for the Appalachian State Mountaineers from 2006-2009. He led his school to four straight conference championships, the first quarterback to do so in Southern Conference history. He was also the first quarterback in NCAA Football history to pass for at least 10,000 yards while also rushing for at least 4,000 yards.


You had a very successful college career at Appalachian State; what were some of your favorite memories from your time there?

I have too many memories at Appalachian State to write them all, but I can tell you my favorite two memories are when we won back to back National Championships.

You started at quarterback all four years in college, but are now moving into the WR/ATH role in preparation for the NFL draft. What have you done to hone your skills at your new position and how has this transition worked out for you so far?

I've just been working at running routes as well as still working on my QB techniques the past few months. The transition started out a little rusty at first, but once I got comfortable running routes, I'll be fine. It has turned out to be a good transition so far.

Nfldraftcountdown.com and nfldraftscout.com both have you listed in the top 20 for WR prospects even though you don’t have much experience at this position. What are your expectations for draft day considering the uncertainty that comes with switching positions? What do you hope for in regards to the draft?

My expectations are the same as any player entering the draft; I'm expecting to get drafted and I hope to get drafted as high as I possibly can and for a team to consider me as a QB before I completely switch my position to wide receiver.

You hold 64 school records at ASU including most wins by a starting Quarterback, with 42. Do you think your collegiate success has put you in a position to succeed in the NFL, and if so, how?

I wouldn't exactly say it has put me in a position to succeed because college and the NFL are two totally different leagues but it has given me the opportunity to further my football career like I had always dreamed of when I was a child.

What is your biggest strength, and what is one aspect of your game that still needs to be improved?

My biggest strength is having the ability to do things with my arm and my legs. The wildcat is becoming a big role in the NFL now so that gives me the ability to play multiple positions.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Custom Search