Tuesday, March 9, 2010

UFC Fighter Charlie Brenneman Interview



Charlie Brenneman is making his UFC Debut on March 31, 2010 on the UFC Fight Night: Florian vs Gomi.

Not many people know that you won Season 1 of Pros vs Joes on MTV2. Can you describe your experience on that show playing against other athletes?


P v J was an awesome experience. The pros were very cool to us, and the competitions were super intense. There was no acting going on; it was very real.

What was going through head the moment the UFC called and told you that they wanted to sign you to a multi-deal contract?

It was the realization of a dream. There is nothing I wanted more in life than to land that contract. It is the culmination of 20 years of hard work in wrestling and fighting.

We can only assume that you are training harder then ever before for your fight against Jason High coming up in a few weeks. Can you briefly describe your training schedule for us?

As I write this, I am in between training sessions. I normally do two-a-days, which could consist of Brazilian Jui Jitsu, wrestling, striking, strength and conditioning, or cardio. I've come to a nice mix of everything in order to prime my body.

You fought primarily on the east coast and your UFC debut will be in North Carolina. Do you think you will have the crowd support entering the cage?


I've been very lucky to have a very loyal fan base. I know for a fact I'll have close to 75 Spaniard fans at the event, and I'm hoping to get more. However, once the fight starts, my mind and body work as one, and outside distractions do not effect me.





2 comments:

Custom Search