Tuesday, March 9, 2010

MMA Fighter Dennis Dombrow Interview



Dennis Dombrow is an amateur MMA fighter fighting out of Midwest Training Center. He is currently 2-0 and is the 140 lb Bourbon Brawl Champion.

It seems that you love extreme sports as you are an accomplished BMX rider. Which sport do you prefer out of BMX and MMA?

They are both beautiful in their own ways. I do not like one more than the other.

Which hurts more, getting punched in the face or falling off a BMX bike?

It all depends, falling off of a BMX bike does not feel good, but neither does getting punched! Actually, I have kind of learned to enjoy taking a nice blow so I would probably say falling off a bike.

You won the Bourbon Street 140 pound belt. Did this give you enough confidence to turn professional with only 2 amateur fights?

I am still an amateur, in Illinois you now need 5 amateur fights before turning pro.

There are a lot of MMA gyms in the Chicago area. Why did you choose to train at MTC?

MTC is the best! I am very loyal and my roots have been with MTC before MTC was MTC!

According to mixedmartialarts.com, you haven’t fought in over a year. When will fans see you fight next?

I blew out my ACL right after my last fight so I had to take the appropriate amount of time to heal and rehab my leg before stepping in the cage again. So to answer your question I will be fighting this Friday, March 12. Ruckus 2 in Addison. Come check it out!

Is there anyone you would like to thank (coaches, family, sponsors).

I want to thank everyone that has helped and supported me get to where I am today. My mom and dad, my MTC family, my ATX family, everyone at Vandry BJJ, Empire, and LVRG! Thank you to everyone!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Custom Search