Thursday, March 4, 2010

Michael Zweifel Interview (University of Dubuque) WR



Michael Zweifel is a starting wide receiver for the University of Dubuque Spartans. He is one of the best receivers in Division 3 and was named a D-3 All-American.

You grew up very close to the University of Wisconsin - Whitewater. What was the experience like playing against Wisc-Whitewater while you were part of the Wisc-River Falls team?

Playing UWW was always fun because they were always a top 2 team in the country, so playing against the nations best is always a motivation. It was also neat because I was playing against my hometown and against some of my friends. I always had something to prove against UWW and tried to play with a chip on my shoulder against them.

Why did you transfer from Wisc - River Falls to the University of Dubuque?

I transferred to Dubuque because my father became the head coach here, and I receive free tuition because he is an employee at UD. So it was the best decision for my family financially.

Some people believe the stereotype that football players are dumb brutes. You have made the honor roll every year in college, how important are academics to you and what career do you want to pursue after graduation?

Academics are very important to me. I know I can't make a career out of football after college so my education is a main priority. I'm studying exercise science and after I complete my undergrad, I hope to get my masters in kinesiology.

You were named 2nd team All-American by D-3football.com last season. What is your personal goal for next year?

My personal goal for next year is for our football team to win conference and make the playoffs. As an individual my goal is to be the best wide receiver in Division 3.

What is your favorite memory playing for the University of Dubuque?

So far my favorite memory at UD is probably the last two weeks of our season. We finally came together as a team, and ending the season with two big wins and seeing everybody clicking was great.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Custom Search