Friday, March 5, 2010

Ian Rammel Interview MMA Fighter




How did you first start training in mixed martial arts and how long ago did you start?

Well I just finished my last year of competitive wrestling at Heidelberg University and I was bored with not competing. I saw a flyer for a local MMA show and gave the promoter, Rick Fitch, a call about training. Since the first time I trained I've been hooked on it ever since and that was a good year and a half ago.

You just turned professional and have a fight coming up in Cincinnati. What have you done to prepare yourself for this fight?

I really haven't changed much since I've gone pro. Ive always tried to train with a fast pace and high intensity. I have a pretty good gym that I train out of and a lot of good guys to push me.

What do you think is the biggest difference you expect to face moving from amateur to professional?

The biggest difference that I expect is the level of intensity. I look for a faster paced fight than those of my amateur fights.

What are some of your goals you wish to achieve in mixed martial arts?

My ultimate goal is to make it to the big show and be the best of the best in the UFC. I've always thought, "what's the point in competing if you don't aspire to be the best?" One day I want to be able to say my favorite quote from my favorite comic book character, Wolverine: "I'm the best at what I do, but what I do isn't very nice."

As an amateur, you were 7-1. Your last two fights, you won the Havoc Extreme Cage Fighting Maximum Force Welterweight Championship Belt and the Ohio Cage Combat Welterweight Championship Belt. Do you think winning those belts will give you a boost of confidence stepping into the cage against your next opponent, Tony Parker?

Confidence. That's something I always try to keep. I try going into every fight knowing that I'm walking out of that cage looking the same way I walked in. Confidence is about 50 percent of this sport. The other 50 is skill, in my opinion.

Is there anyone you want to thank (coaches, family, sponsors)?

I would like to thank Elite Sports Academy in Tiffin, Ohio, my trainer Rick Fitch, all my sparring partners, my friends and family for their support, and of course the fans.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Custom Search