Thursday, March 25, 2010

Jay Ross Interview (East Carolina University) Defensive End



Jay Ross was a starting defensive end for the ECU Pirates and he is one of the best defensive ends in the nation. He is currently preparing for the NFL draft.

What was your favorite memory playing for the ECU Pirates?

My favorite memory was just being around the guys day in and day out. It made the experience go by shorter. Winning two conference titles was also awesome.

Even though ECU is in Conference USA, there have been many players like Chris Johnson who have gone on to have successful NFL careers. How much harder do you have to work to show NFL team scouts that you belong to play in the big show?

I feel that coming from Conference USA, the respect factor isn't really there because a lot of people say there isn't much competition in the conference but if you do research, you will find that some guys making impacts on NFL teams are from Conference USA. A lot of people even doubted Chris and said he couldn't do it and he's the best running back in the league after two years, so if you are a player all the rest shouldn't matter, but unfortunately it does.

Many NFL draft hopefuls like to throw parties on draft day. What are you planning on doing during the NFL draft?

I probably will be at my home throwing a cookout or something with my family and friends.

What are some of the weaknesses in your game that you improved on during the offseason leading up to the NFL draft?

I think I've improved a lot on my pad level because looking back at old tape that seemed to be something I noticed that I needed to work on during the offseason in order to become a successful NFL player.

Besides playing football, what do you like to do for fun?

I like to fish with family and friends and we also are very competitive on the Xbox 360. As of right now our favorite games to play are Madden 2010 and NCAA Basketball 2010.

Is there a message you would like to say to all the NFL teams?

Whoever decides to draft me will be getting a very hard working player who is willing to do whatever it takes to succeed in the NFL.

2 comments:

Custom Search