Thursday, March 4, 2010

Carson Beebe MMA Interview



Before you started training in mixed martial arts, were you involved in other forms of martial arts?


Yes, I have been wrestling pretty much my whole life. I started when I was 4 yrs old.

How long did you train for before entering the cage for your first amateur fight?

I have been training MMA for quite some time. I was never able to fight in the cage because I was wrestling in college and it is against NCAA rules.

Your first professional fight is coming up really soon. What have you done to prepare yourself for this fight?

Not much has changed in training for my first pro fight. I go to war with the guys at Gilbert Grappling every night. I have added one element, which is a pretty tough strength and conditioning program at Vision Quest athletics in La Grange.

I assume that you enjoy playing other sports like football, basketball, etc. How do you compare other sports to mixed martial arts?

Training for wrestling is similar to fighting but I don't think anything can compare to the stress, nervousness and adrenaline of stepping into a cage with another trained warrior with nothing but bad intentions.

Your older brother, Chase Beebe, is a pretty well-known MMA fighter who has fought all over the world including WEC, KOTC, Dream, and other promotions. Do you think there is extra pressure on you to succeed because of the Beebe name?

I have dealt with the pressure of my older brothers' successes my whole life, so I am pretty used to it. The fact that Chase has been so successful has definitely opened up some doors for me in the sport, and I am looking forward to following in his footsteps.

Do you have anyone you'd like to thank (coaches, family, sponsors)?

I have a lot of people to thank. All the guys at Gilbert Grappling for pushing me beyond my limits every day, Steve Mologousis who is my trainer at Vision Quest Athletics, my brother Chase for being a great mentor and training partner, and lastly, my family for their unwavering support.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Custom Search