Thursday, August 5, 2010

MMA Fighter Anthony "The Recipe" Lapsley



Anthony Lapsley is a mixed martial arts veteran who has fought for promotions like King of the Cage, Bellator, UWC, and others. He was also part of the the famous double knockout in a fight.


How and when did you get into mixed martial arts?

I started about 4 years ago. I met Cobra Rhodes (16X world champion Arm wrestler) at a bar. He’s good friends with Gary Goodrich and was following the sport all the time. After exchanging info and past achievements, we decided it was something I wanted to get into.

You have fought the likes of Mike Guymon and Drew Fickett. To this date, who has been your toughest opponent?

The hardest opponent I fought was Tyler Stinson. He was a tough as shit!!!

Before you started training and competing in mixed martial arts, did you have any martial arts experience?

Nope. I was just a high school state champion wrestler. Nothing before or after that except fighting

More than 2/3rd of your victories have come from submissions, do you prefer to take your opponents to the ground right away or do you like to stand and bang?

I don’t know, I can stand and bang, but I usually just end up taking it to the ground and pounding the guy or submitting these cats. I play it how it goes but I would rather hit the ground. I’m trying to stay pretty!!

You are part of the infamous mma double knockout fight. What was going on in your mind after both you guys go down?

All I thought was, “PLEASE don’t come hit me”. I didn’t know how I got down there, but knew to start kicking to prevent him from doing anymore damage.

You got redemption at Aaron Wetherspoon a few months later. This time you were able to defeat him by submission. What was it like to actually defeat him without any controversies?

I was relieved. I was also excited and pretty happy because I was champion.

Besides mixed martial arts, what other hobbies do you like to do on your free time?

I like playing PS3, chilling with my family and children.

Is there anyone you would like to thank (coaches, family, sponsors)?

I would to thank God, because none of this would be possible. My haters, they are very important to my success. I also thank my children, my parents, My Dip Dip for sticking with me through all of this. Alan Buckley, Finis Tatum, Nick Craig, Mark Lemrick, BJ Hedger, Chas Bowling, Bubba McDaniel, Six Figures, LimeLite Fusion drink, Sponsored Fan Family and all the rest of my friends, fans, and family.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Custom Search