Tuesday, August 10, 2010

MMA Fighter Tom Gallicchio Interview



Tom Gallicchio is currently participating in the M-1 Global tournament and has made it to the finals. He competes with Rhino Fight Team.

How and when did you get into mixed martial arts?

I got involved in mma about 5 years ago. I was done with wrestling in high school and couldn’t afford college to wrestle. I talked to my wrestling coach at elite wrestling and saw Frankie Edgar had a fight. I said where is he training, I want in. They pointed me to team rhino and 6 months later, I had my first fight against Marc Stevens.

How often do you train and how long does each training session last?

I train about 2 to 3 times a day for about 4 hours total.

What is your favorite part of being a mixed martial arts fighter?

I just love to fight and just fighting in general.

What is your ultimate goal you want to achieve as a mixed martial artist?

To be able to do what I love and make living from it.

There have been rumors all over the MMA world that M-1 Global has a financial issue. Can you describe what it is like to compete in a major promotion like M-1 Global.

It feels great to be in this M-1 tournament and get the recognition I deserve. It’s not over yet, there are still to fights to go!

Is there anyone you would like to thank (coaches, family, sponsors)?

I would like to thank Clinch gear and all my training partners and coaches.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Custom Search