Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Bill Cundiff Interview (Ashland) Quarterback


Bill Cundiff was the starting Quarterback at Ashland University. He enjoyed a successful career and has become a NFL Draft prospect in the process. He is currently preparing for his first season as a professional.

How do you deal with the pressure of the expectations that come with being an NFL prospect?

I just try to look at it as an opportunity that not many people get, and look back a few years ago when the NFL seemed like a dream to me. So taking that into consideration, I just try to have fun with the process right now.

You started your college career at Connecticut before transferring to Ashland. What can you tell us about the major differences between a D-I program and a D-II program?

There are only a few differences when it comes to D-1 and D-2 programs. First the line play is a little bit more superior in Division 1. You find a lot of skill players in Division 2 that have the same skills as your Division 1 players. Another difference is the depth of players on teams. In Division 1 there are a lot more capable players that can contribute to the team then D-2. Another difference is the fan bases. While we get decent attendance at home games, there are hardly any fans there at all at some games.

When did you start playing football and when did you realize you had the potential to play professionally? Did you play any other sports growing up?

I started playing football when I was 8 years old, and did not realize I could make it to the next level until I was in my junior season in college. I was big into basketball when I was younger, and that was pretty much my main sport until my junior year of high school.


Nfldraftcountdown.com ranks you as the 22nd Quarterback going into this year’s draft. Projections show that you have a chance at being a late round draft pick, while others think you will sign with a team as an undrafted free agent. What are your hopes for next month’s draft, and how are you approaching the situation mentally?

While it would be great to say you were drafted in the NFL draft, I would not mind signing as a free agent. Again, if you were to tell me a few years back that I would have a chance to sign with a team I would jump at the situation. This being said both have their advantages and I am just trying to stay as ready as possible for what ever may happen for me.

What is the most solid aspect of your game, and what area needs the most improvement?

The best aspect of my game is my decision making. Majority of the time, I know exactly where I want to go with the ball and never second guess myself because that's how you get in trouble as a quarterback. The area I feel that needs the most work would probably be my footwork. While it has improved greatly, I still want it to become one of the better parts of my game.

Other than a football player, who is Bill Cundiff? What is your life like outside of football?

I am a pretty easy going and a simple person. I enjoy being around my family and hangout with my two brothers a lot. I am also a huge Cleveland fan no matter the sport, but right now my main team is the Cavs. I have a feeling that the Browns will be turning it around here soon and when they do they will be one of the hardest teams to beat since Cleveland fans are some of the best fans there are.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Custom Search