Sunday, February 28, 2010

LaMar Hunter Interview (Marietta College) RB



Lamar Hunter is the starting running back for Marietta College. He has excelled not only on the gridiron but in the classroom as well. The following interview discusses Lamar's career prospects and what he might pursue after his football career at Marietta College.


You first played at Glenville State. Why did you decide to transfer to Marietta College and not to some other school?

I transfered to Marietta College because I felt like academically they would give me a much better chance to succeed. Academics are very important to me and I didn't feel as though the program at Glenville gave me the best chance in terms of preparation and opportunity. Athletically, I was still a productive back as a freshman (averaging 5.8 yards per carry), and we had a very good team, but I was concerned with my life after football.

You have stated in other interviews that you are studying to become a chiropractor. You are one of the best running backs in Division 3 football. After you graduate, will pursue a football career at the professional level or are you going to work furthur towards becoming a chiropractor?

I am kind of torn between two dreams. My childhood dream has always been to play professional football. I still hold that dream close to my heart, however as a man, I realize that you cannot play football forever. I am really intrigued by the chiropractic field. I recently enrolled in a chiropractic college (Life University), but I still have a desire to play football so that's just something I'm going to have to pray about.

What is your favorite memory of playing football at Marietta College?

I have many great memories about Marietta football. Coach Ski (the head Coach) makes it a great place to be if you love the game. My favorite memory would be the skits that we do after two-a-days where we make fun off everyone. Also beating the 7th ranked team in the nation this past year. We definitely enjoyed that whole weekend. :)

What do you think is the biggest difference between playing Division 3 and Division 1 football?

The biggest difference between the two divisions is the exposure. Pierre Garcon is a prime example that there is talent on this level and there will be several other players coming out in the future that will also be stars. I believe there is a difference in depth and the amount of talent at the D-1 level, but you will find talent in D-2 and D-3 as well.


Were there any Division 1 football programs scouting you during high school?

In high school, I had lots of D-1 schools scouting me: Northwestern, Cincinnati, Ohio University, Bowling Green, Eastern Michigan and Toledo. They were interested, however after my injury, only Toledo and Cincy kept in contact, but they were not willing to take a chance and offer me a scholarship. They wanted me to be a walk-on which is very tough.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Custom Search