Friday, February 26, 2010

Johrone Bunch Interview (Mount Ida College) RB


Johrone Bunch is a two sport athlete at Mount Ida College. He plays football and basketball for the Mustangs. Johrone has played well for the basketball team, but he has excelled on the gridiron. Johrone averaged 146 rushing yards per game for the Mustangs, giving him the 3rd highest average in Division 3 football.

We had the opportunity to interview Johrone Bunch, here is what he had to say:


What is your favorite memory of your high school football or basketball career?

My favorite memory in high school was playing in the championship game vs New Canaan high school. We ended up losing the game, but I had an outstanding year. I won the basketball state championship my senior year after we lost the championship game my junior year.

In high school, were there any Division 1 programs recruiting you for either football or basketball?

In football I had Uconn, Temple, Virginia, Syracuse, Michigan, Michigan State and Umass looking at me.

What made you decide that Mount Ida was the right school for you?

Well my S.A.T and A.C.T weren't that high and I didn't get the score I really wanted. I couldn't get in any D1 school because of my score. Mount Ida accepted me after my visit there.

You rushed for 146.64 yards per game, the 3rd highest average in Division 3 football. These are unbelievable stats; Is there any aspect of yourself as a player that you'd like to improve on?

I want to improve on becoming a leader and I'd also like to get bigger for the next season. I really haven't reached my physical capacity yet.

Even though you are a sophomore, have you thought of pursuing either football or basketball as a career after college?

Yes, I hope one day I will get the opportunity to make it to the pros.

8 comments:

  1. King Bunch is one of the best RB's IN THE NATION!!!!!! Somebody needs to really come take a look at this Kid. He is everything you want in an Athlete.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is a stellar athlete!!! He was only a sophmore putting up these numbers. His junior and senior year numbers are gonna be even greater. He truely is King Bunch of the running game

    ReplyDelete
  3. what did he do when the pressure of winning championship was on the line? o yeah choked and did nothing while norwich's running back had 300 yards and 5 tds. play well when it matters against an actual defense then you can be considered a true stellar athlete.

    ReplyDelete
  4. anonymous number four is a hater and probably plays no type of sports

    ReplyDelete
  5. I played with is guy in college and he is an outstanding athlete and is very humble. He leads with his actions and not with talk.

    ReplyDelete
  6. o and by the way he put up these numbers with a young small o-line.

    ReplyDelete
  7. playing o line in high school with JB, i know personally how hard this kid works. being a year younger, it was very easy to see how much of a leader he was. he never brags or talks smack. he leads with actions and never gives up regardless of the circumstances. talk all the crap you want #4, i'd love to see you be better than him at sports or at being a great person. keep doin your thing JB. -Shea

    ReplyDelete

Custom Search